Massage in the Time of COVID-19
Close contact can be intimidating when Covid-19 is present in our community. However, there are established steps that can be taken to minimize the risks. The protocols I have adopted have proven extremely effective since July of 2020.
The protocols have been developed based on guidance from:
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- US Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA)
- Massachusetts Reopening Advisory Board (MA RAB)
- Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB)
- Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP)
Here's what you can expect to see:
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the waiting room and in the treatment room.
- I will be wearing a mask during your session.
- Linens and blankets will be replaced after each client visit and washed.
- I will reschedule or cancel if I have any questions about my health status or contact risks.
You can help the process by:
- Allowing 10 days to pass after contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19.
- Wearing your mask to the office and during treatment.
- Rescheduling your appointment if you have any concerns about your health status or who you may have been in contact with.
Cleaning procedures for linens, cups and the table include:
- Using an EPA-approved Covid-19 anti-viral disinfectants. These disinfectants will be applied and allowed to air-dry as required by EPA.
- Linens will be collected/removed and washed daily. Clean linens will be brought back to the clinic in a clean, disposable bag.
- As always, I will continue to wash my hands for more than 20 seconds before and after each client visit.
If you have any questions, please contact me!